Creating – Learning – Inspiring – Reflecting – Improving
What’s On My Stand started as an instagram blog in July 2019 to document the progress of a Masters student and flute teacher in New Jersey. The blog has now evolved into website to delve more in-depth regarding specific topics that will be updated every month.
To Band Directors
- You can expect to see information directed to music educators who are not primarily trained on flute.
- This will be updated the 1st Friday of each month.
To University and College Students
- You can expect to see anecdotes and advice from the perspective of someone who’s completed a Bachelors in Music Education and is a Masters Candidate for Flute Performance.
- This will be updated on the 2nd Friday of each month.
Theory and Analysis
- You can expect to see score analysis to pieces of the standard flute repertoire and orchestral repertoire. Including annotations for harmonic, melodic, and rhythmic content.
- This will be updated on the 3rd Friday of each month.
- You can expect to see anything that doesn’t fit into the categories listed above!
- This will be updated on the 4th Friday of each month.
If you want to be notified when a new blog post is up.
The author of What’s On My Stand, Emma Piedilato, is currently a Masters of Music candidate studying Flute Performance at Montclair State University in New Jersey.
If there’s a topic I haven’t covered yet that you’d like to see use the contact form and let me know what you think should be discussed!
See what Emma is currently studying, this section will be updated at the end of each month.